Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My Palms and the meaning of fingers

This is a tracing of my hands with the lines drawn in that I made a few years ago when I was first learning to read hands. I labeled everything in order to study where the different lines and mounts are. If you know about those Roman Gods, it is easy to remember which qualities are manifested in each finger. It took me awhile to remember:

  • the index finger is Jupiter
  • Jupiter is the chief god ruling over laws and social order, so the Jupiter finger represents leadership and interest in laws.
  • the middle finger is Saturn
  • Saturn is the god of agriculture and fertility, he had a lusty and temperous nature, so the Saturn finger represents emotions and somehow conformity.
  • the ring finger is Apollo
  • Apollo is the god of medicine and healing, as well as the leader of the muses. The Apollo finger represents the qualities of healing as well as the arts.
  • the pinkie finger is Mercury
  • Mercury is the messenger god in charge of trade profit and commerce, so those qualities are present in the Mercury finger.

The straighter a finger is the better the quality it represents is manifested. If a finger leans toward another, that finger's quality is influencing (maybe hindering) the other finger's properties.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This seems like a really great use of your logical and artistic mind! My mother used to do Tarot card readings for my friends and I and gave me my natal star chart for a b-day...there is a certain draw to finding physical to explain sights unseen and present in our subconscious...very interesting Goddess Artist!